Join Our Team!
The Avalon Theatre is owned and operated by the charitable non-profit organization Marysville Uptown Theatre. It is our mission to provide Uptown Marysville with a beautifully renovated 1930's styled cultural and performing arts venue that will entertain, educate and enrich the lives of Union County and beyond through quality arts experiences.
Marysville Uptown Theatre is committed to being the premier entertainment outlet for Union County by offering events such as; movies, live stage performances by local and professional touring artists, concerts, comedy acts, lectures, galas, and many other community-based events.
Marysville Uptown Theatre relies on the creativity, passion, and inspiration of our staff, board of directors, local arts groups, and volunteers that are mutually invested in the arts, and the success and growth of our Union County community. The Avalon Theatre is currently looking to fill the following positions.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technical Director is responsible for professionally coordinating all technical and physical requirements for all production elements (lighting, sound, set design, and construction, etc.) of all Avalon productions and outside groups that rent the theatre. The Technical Director ensures safe-working practices, provides minimal production management for the use of the theatre space by outside groups and facilitates repairs and maintenance of the theatre resources and equipment.
The key to this position is a strong work ethic centered on excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships and communication with all artistic parties (designers, actors, directors, etc.) as well as administrative staff, board members and volunteers.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops the year-long production calendar detailing rehearsals, material acquisitions, load -in, set build, strike and all other related production tasks
- Evaluates guest artists’ production rider requirements for cost and feasibility and recommends appropriate revisions
- Determines the necessary technical support, such as lighting, sound, staging and special needs, necessary for events and performances in advance of production date.
- Works with venue personnel to coordinate physical and technical setup prior to rehearsals and/or performances, including the setup of any required stage equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings and plots, supplementing design work as needed.
- Designs, sets up, maintains and operates sound, lighting, stage and other technical equipment.
- Assists with the preparation of and manages technical operation budget, maintains inventory, and orders specialized equipment.
- Prepares production timetable and coordinates the efficient use of resources.
- Monitors condition of technical equipment and makes recommendations to Executive Director of capital improvements and technical equipment.
- Supervises, trains, and recruits of stagehand volunteers
- Serves as a production resource for planning other Avalon sponsored activities.
- Attends required production meetings
- Serves as a building supervisor after normal business hours of operations, or during assigned production and rentals
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
- Audio/Video System operations, technical event planning or management perfered
- Powerpoint, Keynote and Audio Playback knowledge a must
- Competent, working knowledge of theatre equipment, design tools, and software
- Ability and knowledge of ADA and OASHA compliance requirements
- Heavy Lifting
Reporting to the Board of Directors, MUT’s Executive Director provides leadership, creates vision, and carries out strategic planning and programming at the Avalon Theatre and Veteran Memorial Auditorium. The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the MUT’s ongoing activities and operations, including program development and delivery, brand and public relations and fiscal management.
• Oversees marketing and leads development activities; engaging in key fundraising efforts that include government, corporate, foundations and individual solicitation and support
• Coordinates annual community & corporate fundraising efforts that meets MUT’s goals
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the facilities, including personnel and administrative duties such as facility management, financial management, fundraising, marketing, box office and front of house operations
• Serves as Human Resources for the organizations such as hiring, firing, evaluations of staff, conflict resolution, scheduling, administrative procedures, and workflow
• Coordinates annual events/program and evaluates past, current and potential programs
• Provides strategic direction & oversight for committees to execute programs and activities
• Develops and sustains working partnerships and cooperative relationships with peer organizations, as well as active and potential funding organizations and foundations
• Works closely with Treasurer/Financial Committee to prepare and interpret organizational budgets annually and administers the current budget
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with local government, schools, business leaders, civic groups and arts patrons
Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong budgeting, financial management, analytic skills and be able to present information in a clear and comprehensive manner to diverse audiences
• Familiarity with working with Board of Directors, community and cultural organizations, promoters and presenters
• Exceptional communication skills to deliver the mission & vision of MUT
• Leadership skills that enable effective, trusting, respectful and engaging environment
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Minimum three-five years experience in arts administration including areas of programming & presenting, fundraising, facilities management and operations
• 3-5 years experience with fundraising & development activities
• Experience with arts presenting within competitive touring markets
• Pay commensurate with experience